Get Immediate Help!
California Fires Helpline

Like us on Facebook

2018 Butte Camp Fire Lawsuits

Recover your losses

For The Victims of the California Fires

Breaking! PG&E Camp Fire Court Order

As Sonoma County residents we vividly remember as a massive fire ripped through our town, destroying thousands of homes and taking lives. Now, just 13 months later, PG&E has burned other towns, displaced thousands and killed hundreds of people in Butte County. All of this death and destruction was rained down on us from a multi billion dollar private corporation.

Enough is enough. Did you lose your home to the Camp Fire? Were you injured? Did you lose your business? Was a loved one killed? What are you going to do? Look the other way so their Executives can get another bonus?

No. The time has come to rise up. PG&E cannot continue to cause untold suffering and misery to tens of thousands of people just to bolster profits or stock prices. The only way this Corporation will learn to stop is to lose their profits and Executive bonuses.

We also recognize that you need help, and you need it immediately. We will have many videos and other information on this website to help you navigate through many of the common questions surrounding insurance, employment and rebuilding

Call us anytime at 707-999-9999 Extension 9 for a free consultation.

Questions About Your Fire Insurance Policy?
Free Consultation

Get Help Now!

California Fires: Victim Resource Videos

Xactimate Insurance Estimator

Be Careful with Public Adjusters

Rebuilding Time Limits and Your Policy

Living Expense Coverage Issues

Taking Inventory of Your Contents

California Employment Law & Benefits

Insurance Companies Have To Be Fair?

How Other Fires May Affect You

Extensions To Rebuild & Time Limits

Get Important Information Regarding Your Fire Insurance Policy
Get Help Now!

California Fire: Victim Resources


• WalMart, 2044 Forest Ave, Chico
• Lowes, 2350 Forest Ave, Chico
• Chico Mall, near Sears and Logans Roadhouse, 1950 E 20th St, Chico
• KMart, 2155 Pillsbury Rd, Chico
• DeGarmo Park, 199 Leora Ct, Chico


• Oroville Nazarene Church (possibly full) 2238 Monte Vista Ave, Oroville
• Neighborhood Church (possibly full) 2801 Norte Dame Blvd Chico, CA 95928
• Chico Elks Lodge (possibly full) 1705 Manzanita Ave, Chico
• Chester Memorial Hall 22 Gay St. Chester, CA
• Butte County Fairgrounds 199 E. Hazel St. Gridley, CA 95948
• YubaSutter City Fairgrounds 442 Franklin Ave, Yuba City 2279 Del Oro and Mono, Suite E Oroville, CA

Small Animals: Old County Hospital

• 2279 Del Oro and Mono, Suite E, Oroville
• Chico Airport 150 Airpark Blvd Chico, CA

Large Animals:

• Butte County Fairgrounds 199 E Hazel St., Gridley

1. What are my fire damages?

  When someone is affected by a fire, there are many types of losses, including: 

Property Damage
  • Homes and other structures
  • Personal property/contents of the home
  • Trees and landscaping
  • Erosion damage

  • Evacuation and Alternative Living Expenses

  • Hotel/food/gas during evacuation
  • Rent and additional costs for temporary living

  • Lost Income

  • Personal income (including loss of sick and vacation days)
  • Business income

  • Emotional Damages

  • Fear for safety of yourself and others
  • Mental anguish, inconvenience, disturbance, and annoyance

  • Wrongful Death

  • The worst of all damages is the hole left in our lives from the loss of a loved one.

  • 2. I have insurance: do I need a lawyer?

      Insurance does not cover all losses for three main reasons:

  • Most people are under insured (don’t have enough insurance). 
  • Property items are depreciated by the insurance company, so that the payout won't replace the lost items.
  • Many categories of damages are outside the purview of insurance coverage completely (like emotional damages, erosion, or lost income) or mostly (like landscaping and trees). 

  • Our team has successfully fought to recover money for insured homeowners to compensate them for uninsured losses, including damages related to the stress and inconvenience caused by the fire and being displaced. 

    3. I don’t like the idea of lawsuits/I'm not a litigious person.  Why do I need an attorney?


    Right now, and for the next few months, you will be dealing with all kinds of issues that are not directly related to a lawsuit. For example, handling your insurance coverage, registering with government entities, and dealing with the County for cleanup and permitting. Our group of experienced fire attorneys and staff will help you navigate these issues. You will always have access to someone who can answer your questions and offer assistance. 

    We DO NOT take anything from your insurance money. Our group of law firms will help you with your insurance claims without taking any portion of your insurance recovery.

    To receive compensation for your losses you will need an attorney to help navigate the litigation process. Unfortunately, corporations have nearly unlimited resources and fight hard to minimize payouts to anyone who suffers fire losses. We can hire experts in electrical engineering, metallurgy, fire investigation, tree valuation, erosion, home building, and other areas to establish liability and prove your damages. 

    4. What if I don’t have insurance?


    Our team has helped many home-owners and renters who did not have insurance at the time of the fire. If the fire was caused by someone’s negligent, careless, or deliberate behavior, then you are entitled to compensation whether or not you had insurance.  

    5. What if I rented my house?


    Renters who lose all of their possessions in a fire typically have significant personal property losses. It is our experience that most renters do NOT have renters insurance. It is costly to replace furniture, cookware, clothing, and other items that we tend to collect over a lifetime. Renters also have intangible damages related to the stress and anguish caused by the fire and its aftermath.

    6. What happens if my business interruption limits are reached?

    Most commercial insurance policies covering business will have a component of insurance called Business Interruption Insurance or Coverage.  The purpose of this type of coverage is to supplement or replace your business' income during any down time.  Depending on your policy limits and the extent of damage to your business, these limits may be exhausted before your business may be able to get back up and running.  With the help of our experts, we can assist you in ascertaining and maximizing any business interruption claims.  Any losses above and beyond your coverage are those that we would try and recover from a responsible party.  As with the homeowners’ claims, we DO NOT take a percentage of recovery of your insurance proceeds.  That recovery is yours, and yours alone.  

    7. How are the attorneys paid?


    There is no financial obligation or risk to hiring us.  We work on contingency, meaning you don’t pay anything unless we recover money for you. Further, we advance all costs ourselves. We will never ask you to pay money out-of-pocket to us. 


    Federal Emergency Management Agency

    The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced that federal disaster assistance has been made available to those affected by the Camp Fire. FEMA grants can be used for things like temporary housing, emergency home repairs, and medical, dental, and other expenses related to the fire. Certain expenses may be income-dependent.

    Affected residents can apply by visiting or by calling 1-800-621-3362.

    Victims will need the following information:

  • Social Security Number
  • Address of damaged home
  • Description of damage
  • Information about insurance coverage
  • Telephone number
  • Mailing address
  • For direct deposit, bank account and routing information

  • Even if you apply for FEMA assistance online or by the phone, FEMA suggests visiting a disaster recovery center (once they are established), because other agencies may also be able to provide assistance.

    FEMA also advises that those with insurance also submit a claim to their insurer for their home or vehicle, so that residents have that information later in FEMA's process.

    Practical Advice

    Things to Do While Evacuated

  • Register at shelters, with the Red Cross, FEMA, and other agencies. They will then have a point of contact for you.
  • Get a P.O. Box and forward all mail there. Use this as the mailing address for all the forms you fill.
  • Call your homeowners' or rental insurance to trigger "loss of use" coverage. This coverage will get you access to funds for essentials.
  • Save your receipts. You may be able to recover incidental costs from your insurer as well.
  • Start searching for a longterm rental if you will need one. If you coordinate with your insurer, they may be able to make payments directly.

  • Things to Do When You Return to Your Home Lot

  • If your home has been damaged or destroyed by fire, please be careful when you return to your lot, as it may have become toxic. Please protect yourself.
  • Tree holes will continue to continue to burn and it is possible you could fall through. Be careful.
  • Collect contact information from your neighbors. Often, neighbors will help share information.
  • Create an address sign to post at your property.

  • *** If your home has been damaged or destroyed by fire, please be sure to wear a high quality protective air mask, gloves, and good boots when you are on your lot, particularly if you are searching for items to recover. The last thing you need is to get sick or injured.

    California Employment Law

    California employment law is complicated but the question that many people affected by the Camp Fire will be asking is ‘Can I receive unemployment assistance’? 

    If you were laid off due to a lack of work caused by the fire, you may be entitled to unemployment insurance benefits. To file a claim, call the Employment Development Department at 1-800-300-5616  or go to their website to apply online.  Their address can be found on our Facebook page ‘Camp Fire Rising’. If it turns out you are not eligible for unemployment insurance benefits under California law, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has a program called the Disaster Unemployment Assistance program (or “DUA”), which is available to state and local governments after the president has declared an event a disaster. DUA provides unemployment benefits and some reemployment services to people who have become unemployed as a result of a disaster and who are ineligible for regular state unemployment insurance. To be eligible for DUA in the aftermath of the fire, individuals must: 

    a) Not be eligible for regular, state unemployment insurance benefits;

    b) Be unemployed as a result of the fire—that is, the fire caused you to lose your job; 

    c) Be able and available for work (unless you were injured as a direct result of the disaster);

    d) File an application for DUA within 30 days of the date of the announcement of availability of DUA. 

    e) Have not refused an offer of employment in a suitable job. 

    Note: To be considered for DUA, you must also provide identification and prove citizenship. 

    There are other conditions as well:

    a) You have had a week of unemployment after the fire began;

    b) You are unable to reach your place of employment as a result of the fire; 

    c) You were scheduled to start work, and the job no longer exists;

    d) You became the person who needed to support the household because the head of the household died as a result of the fire;

    e) You cannot work because of an injury caused by the fire; or

    f) You lost most of your income because the employer’s business was damaged or destroyed. 

    These benefits can last for up to 26 weeks, as long as your unemployment continues to be a direct result of the fire. The DUA also covers self-employed individuals, owners of farms and ranches, farm workers and ranch workers.

    Need Answers to your Fire Insurance Questions?
    Free Consultation

    Get Help Now!

    2018 Butte Camp Fire Lawsuits
    Recover your losses

    Need Help With Your Fire Insurance Policy?
    Call Now!

    Reviews & Testimonials